Car Accident Lawyer in Cottleville, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Cottleville, MO. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the impact of an car accident in Cottleville, MO can quickly overwhelm anyone, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you deserve.
Contact Our Cottleville, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Cottleville residents who have been involved in car accidents and are hesitant about what steps to take afterwards. Our Cottleville car accident lawyer reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives on behalf of their clients. We fight aggressively on behalf of all our Cottleville, MO auto accident clients to get them not only fair and just compensation, but also closure after going through a very troubling experience.
Following a Cottleville, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a dedicated Cottleville, MO auto accident attorney on your side. Our firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and vows that you do not win or get a settlement in your Cottleville auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Talk To Us
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete Cottleville, MO Car Accident Lawyer
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Cottleville to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Unfortunately, though, car accidents regularly occur, whether due to another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As veteran Cottleville, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has taken car accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the results of a car accident in Cottleville can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. Our firm has years of experience handling car accident cases, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying just compensation to Cottleville accident victims. We provide client-centered legal strategies that are designed to meet your unique needs and give our clients closure as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Cottleville, MO
Following a car accident, it is likely that people will be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having worked with many car accident clients across Cottleville, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group recommends that all our clients take these steps after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is badly hurt you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is incredibly easy to document your Cottleville, MO accident and gather evidence. Take photos of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is wise to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were hurt as a result of your Cottleville car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The sooner you talk to a reputable and compassionate Cottleville, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can start working on your case and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
As well as these steps, our firm urges all our clients to save the following paperwork. They can help a great deal when negotiating a settlement, or to paint a full picture of the effect a car accident in Cottleville, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages an accident victim can claim after a car accident in Cottleville, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as a wheelchair, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to successfully perform work, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car as well as any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Cottleville auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to explain, since for the most part the amount of difficulty one goes through after an accident differs from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Cottleville, MO car accident may result in a victim suffering life-altering injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot remedy the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties are entitled to is reduced based on how responsible they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages.
Contact A Cottleville, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Puts You First
At Combs Law Group, we provide the strength and intelligence of a competitive Cottleville, MO car accident law firm as well as the personal care of a small practice. Our firm has partnered with Cottleville residents of all backgrounds to secure the justice they are entitled to receive following a car accident in Cottleville, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Cottleville, MO car accident case, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured in a car accident in Cottleville, MO caused by another driver’s negligence, act quickly: contact a Cottleville car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by calling (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-strings-attched conversation.
Contact us today
Local Car Accident Lawyer