Car Accident Lawyer in Concord, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Concord, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be your lowest priority. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the effects of an car accident in Concord, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you are entitled to.
Contact Our Concord, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Concord residents who have been involved in car accidents and are unsure about what steps to take afterwards. Our Concord car accident lawyer works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence for their clients. We fight aggressively for all our Concord, MO auto accident clients to win them not only their rightful remuneration, but also a measure of justice after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
Following a Concord, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a veteran Concord, MO auto accident attorney on your side. Our firm offers free initial consultations, and promises that you do not win or get a settlement in your Concord auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Talk To Us
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Concord, MO Car Accident Lawyer
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Concord to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Sadly, though, car accidents are an everyday occurence, caused by bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As veteran Concord, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has handled car accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the results of a car accident in Concord can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. Our firm has years of experience handling car accident cases, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying just restitution to Concord accident victims. We offer client-centered legal strategies that are designed to satisfy your unique needs and get clients both closure as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Concord, MO
Following a car accident, it is common for people to be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having dealt with many car accident clients across Concord, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group suggests that all our clients take these steps after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if possible, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is badly injured you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police come, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is very easy to document your Concord, MO accident and gather evidence. Take photos of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is wise to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Concord car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The quicker you speak to a reputable and understanding Concord, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to keep the following documents. They can help a great deal when negotiating a settlement, or to fully illustrate the effect a car accident in Concord, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages an accident victim can claim following a car accident in Concord, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as casts, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to adequately perform labor, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car in addition to any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Concord auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to explain, since for the most part the amount of discomfort one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Concord, MO car accident may result in a victim sustaining life-altering injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot soothe the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to adapt to their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties can take home is adjusted based on how much at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages.
Contact A Concord, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Puts You First
At Combs Law Group, we provide the muscle and acumen of a competitive Concord, MO car accident law firm as well as the one-on-one attention of a small practice. Our firm has partnered with Concord residents of all backgrounds to get the justice they merit following a car accident in Concord, MO. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your Concord, MO car accident case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured as a result of a car accident in Concord, MO caused by another party’s negligence, do not wait: contact a Concord car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by dialing (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-obligation consultation.
Contact us today
Local Car Accident Lawyer