Ask us about our affordable payment options.
Car Accident Lawyer in Columbia, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Columbia, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, worrying about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the impact of an car accident in Columbia, MO can easily overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you deserve.
Contact Our Columbia, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Columbia residents who have been in car accidents and are unsure about what to do next. Our Columbia car accident lawyer reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives for their clients. We fight aggressively on behalf of all our Columbia, MO auto accident clients to get them not only appropriate financial rewards, but also a measure of justice following an incredibly traumatic experience.
Following a Columbia, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a veteran Columbia, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. Our firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and vows that if they do not get a positive result in your Columbia auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete Columbia, MO Car Accident Lawyer
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Columbia for all sorts of purposes. Unfortunately, though, car accidents regularly occur, whether due to poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As experienced Columbia, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has handled all kinds of car accident claims and seen first-hand how the effects of a car accident in Columbia can alter someone’s life, in some cases permanently. Our firm has years of experience in the courtroom, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying just restitution to Columbia accident victims. We provide unique legal strategies that are built to satisfy your unique needs and get clients both justice in addition to a just reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Columbia, MO
Following a car accident, it is likely that people will be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many car accident clients across Columbia, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group suggests that all our clients take these steps after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if possible, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is severely hurt you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police come, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is incredibly easy to document your Columbia, MO accident and gather evidence. Take photos of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is a good idea to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your Columbia car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than an ER visit. However, more severe or bigger will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The quicker you call a reputable and compassionate Columbia, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can start working on your case and allow you to begin the recovery process.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients hold on to the following documents. They can help immeasurably when negotiating a settlement, or to fully illustrate the effect a car accident in Columbia, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages an accident victim can claim after a car accident in Columbia, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for medications, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as a wheelchair, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to fully perform labor, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car as well as any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Columbia auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to put into words, since in most cases the amount of discomfort a Columbia, MO victim goes through after an accident differs from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Columbia, MO car accident may result in a victim sustaining permanent injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot remedy the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to adapt to their new normal.
It is also key to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties can take home is adjusted based on how responsible they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages.
Contact A Columbia, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Puts You First
At Combs Law Group, we offer the aggression and intelligence of a top Columbia, MO car accident law firm as well as the one-on-one care of an individual practice. Our firm has worked with Columbia residents from all walks of life to get the justice they merit following a car accident in Columbia, MO. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your Columbia, MO car accident case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured as a result of a car accident in Columbia, MO caused by someone else’s negligence, do not wait: contact a Columbia car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by calling (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-strings-attched case review.