Car Accident Lawyer in Clopton, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Clopton, MO. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be your lowest priority. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the impact of an car accident in Clopton, MO can easily overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you deserve.
Contact Our Clopton, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Clopton residents who have been involved in car accidents and are unsure about what steps to take afterwards. Our Clopton car accident lawyer works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence on behalf of their clients. We fight aggressively on behalf of all our Clopton, MO auto accident clients to get them not only their rightful compensation, but also closure following an incredibly traumatic experience.
After you’ve been in a Clopton, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a dedicated Clopton, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. Our firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and vows that if they do not get a positive result in your Clopton auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Talk To Us
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete Clopton, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Clopton to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Sadly, however, every day many car accidents happen, caused by poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As veteran Clopton, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has taken all kinds of car accident claims and personally viewed how the effects of a car accident in Clopton can alter someone’s life, in some cases permanently. Our firm has years of experience in the courtroom, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying just compensation to Clopton accident victims. We offer unique legal strategies that are designed to meet your unique needs and get clients both closure as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Clopton, MO
After you have been in a car accident, it is common for people to be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many car accident clients across Clopton, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group recommends that all our clients do the following after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you can, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is badly hurt you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police come, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is incredibly easy to document your Clopton, MO accident and gather evidence. Take photos of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is a good idea to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Clopton car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The quicker you speak to a trustworthy and compassionate Clopton, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can start working on your case and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to hold on to the following paperwork. They can help immeasurably when discussing settlement terms, or to paint a full picture of the effect a car accident in Clopton, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim after a car accident in Clopton, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as crutches, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to successfully perform work, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car in addition to any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Clopton auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to explain, since in most cases the amount of difficulty a Clopton, MO victim goes through after an accident differs from person to person. As a rule, though, recording changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Clopton, MO car accident may result in someone sustaining life-altering injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot soothe the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to adapt to their new normal.
It is also important to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties receive is adjusted based on the level they were at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages.
Contact A Clopton, MO Car Accident Lawyer Who Cares
At Combs Law Group, we offer the aggression and intelligence of an elite Clopton, MO car accident law firm as well as the personal attention of an individual practice. Our firm has worked with Clopton residents from all walks of life to secure the justice they are entitled to receive following a car accident in Clopton, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your Clopton, MO car accident case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured as a result of a car accident in Clopton, MO caused by another driver’s negligence, act quickly: contact a Clopton car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by calling (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-obligation consultation.
Contact us today
Local Car Accident Lawyer