Ask us about our affordable payment options.
Car Accident Lawyer in Clayton, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Clayton, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be your lowest priority. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the effects of an car accident in Clayton, MO can easily overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you deserve.
Contact Our Clayton, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Clayton residents who have been involved in car accidents and are unsure about what to do next. Our Clayton car accident lawyer works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence for their clients. We fight fearlessly for all our Clayton, MO auto accident clients to get them not only appropriate remuneration, but also justice and closure after going through a very troubling experience.
Following a Clayton, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a dedicated Clayton, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. Our firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and vows that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete Clayton, MO Car Accident Lawyer
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Clayton for all sorts of purposes. Unfortunately, however, car accidents are an everyday occurence, caused by bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As veteran Clayton, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has handled all kinds of car accident claims and seen first-hand how the effects of a car accident in Clayton can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. Our firm has years of experience handling car accident cases, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying proper restitution to Clayton accident victims. We offer client-centered legal strategies that are tailor-made to satisfy your particular needs and get clients both closure as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Clayton, MO
After you have been in a car accident, it is likely that people will be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many car accident clients across Clayton, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group recommends that all our clients do the following after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or a passenger is severely injured you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police arrive, tell the truth about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is very easy to document your Clayton, MO accident and compile evidence. Get shots of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is a good idea to record what they saw, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your Clayton car accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than an ER visit. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The quicker you talk to a trustworthy and compassionate Clayton, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can start working on your case and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients keep the following paperwork. They can help immensely when discussing settlement terms, or to paint a full picture of the effect a car accident in Clayton, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim following a car accident in Clayton, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as casts, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to fully perform labor, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car as well as any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Clayton auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to explain, since by and large the amount of discomfort a Clayton, MO victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Clayton, MO car accident may result in a victim sustaining permanent injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot take away the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to adapt to their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties can take home is adjusted based on how much at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages.
Contact A Clayton, MO Car Accident Lawyer Who Cares
At Combs Law Group, we provide the aggression and legal knowledge of a top Clayton, MO car accident law firm as well as the personal attention of a small practice. Our firm has worked with Clayton residents from all walks of life to secure the justice they are entitled to receive following a car accident in Clayton, MO. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your Clayton, MO car accident case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured as a result of a car accident in Clayton, MO caused by another party’s reckless behavior, act quickly: contact a Clayton car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by calling (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-obligation consultation.