Ask us about our affordable payment options.
Car Accident Lawyer in Clarkson Valley, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Clarkson Valley, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, worrying about your job or your family should be your lowest priority. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the impact of an car accident in Clarkson Valley, MO can quickly overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you should be getting.
Contact Our Clarkson Valley, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Clarkson Valley residents who have been in car accidents and are unsure about what steps to take afterwards. Our Clarkson Valley car accident lawyer finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports for their clients. We fight fearlessly on behalf of all our Clarkson Valley, MO auto accident clients to get them not only appropriate remuneration, but also justice and closure after going through a very troubling experience.
After you’ve been in a Clarkson Valley, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a dedicated Clarkson Valley, MO auto accident attorney on your side. Our firm offers free initial consultations, and guarantees that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Complete Clarkson Valley, MO Car Accident Lawyer
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Clarkson Valley in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Unfortunately, however, every day many car accidents happen, caused by poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As experienced Clarkson Valley, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has handled all kinds of car accident claims and seen first-hand how the results of a car accident in Clarkson Valley can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. Our firm has years of experience handling car accident cases, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying proper compensation to Clarkson Valley accident victims. We provide personalized legal strategies that are built to satisfy your unique needs and give our clients justice as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Clarkson Valley, MO
Following a car accident, it is likely that people will be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many car accident clients across Clarkson Valley, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group suggests that all our clients take these steps after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if possible, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or a passenger is badly injured you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police come, tell the truth about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is very easy to document your Clarkson Valley, MO accident and gather evidence. Get shots of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is wise to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your Clarkson Valley car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The faster you talk to a reputable and understanding Clarkson Valley, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can begin work on your case and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
As well as these steps, our firm urges all our clients to keep the following paperwork. They can help immensely when discussing settlement terms, or to fully illustrate the effect a car accident in Clarkson Valley, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim following a car accident in Clarkson Valley, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as casts, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to adequately perform work, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car in addition to any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Clarkson Valley auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to put into words, since in most cases the amount of difficulty a Clarkson Valley, MO victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, recording changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Clarkson Valley, MO car accident may result in a victim sustaining permanent injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot remedy the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to adapt to their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties are entitled to is adjusted based on how much at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages.
Contact A Clarkson Valley, MO Car Accident Lawyer Who Cares
At Combs Law Group, we offer the aggression and legal knowledge of an elite Clarkson Valley, MO car accident law firm as well as the personal attention of an individual practice. Our firm has partnered with Clarkson Valley residents of all backgrounds to secure the justice they deserve following a car accident in Clarkson Valley, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your Clarkson Valley, MO car accident case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured in a car accident in Clarkson Valley, MO caused by someone else’s careless actions, do not wait: contact a Clarkson Valley car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by dialing (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-obligation document review.