Car Accident Lawyer in Chesterfield, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Chesterfield, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the impact of an car accident in Chesterfield, MO can easily overwhelm anyone, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you should be getting.
Contact Our Chesterfield, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Chesterfield residents who have been in car accidents and do not know about what steps to take afterwards. Our Chesterfield car accident lawyer finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports on behalf of their clients. We fight fearlessly for all our Chesterfield, MO auto accident clients to get them not only fair and just financial rewards, but also a measure of justice after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
Following a Chesterfield, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a veteran Chesterfield, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. Our firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and promises that you do not win or get a settlement in your Chesterfield auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Talk To Us
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Full-Service Chesterfield, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Chesterfield to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Unfortunately, though, car accidents are an everyday occurence, caused by another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As veteran Chesterfield, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has handled car accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the aftermath of a car accident in Chesterfield can alter someone’s life, in some cases permanently. Our firm has years of experience handling car accident cases, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying proper restitution to Chesterfield accident victims. We offer client-centered legal strategies that are tailor-made to satisfy your unique needs and get clients both justice in addition to a just reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Chesterfield, MO
Following a car accident, it is common for people to be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having dealt with many car accident clients across Chesterfield, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group recommends that all our clients do the following after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or a passenger is severely injured you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police come, tell the truth about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is very easy to document your Chesterfield, MO accident and compile evidence. Get shots of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is wise to record what they saw, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Chesterfield car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The quicker you speak to a reputable and understanding Chesterfield, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to hold on to the following receipts and documentation. They can help immeasurably when negotiating a settlement, or to give a more complete idea of the effect a car accident in Chesterfield, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim following a car accident in Chesterfield, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as a wheelchair, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to successfully perform labor, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car in addition to any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Chesterfield auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to explain, since for the most part the amount of difficulty a Chesterfield, MO victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, recording changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a good rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Chesterfield, MO car accident may result in a victim sustaining life-changing injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot soothe the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also key to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties can take home is adjusted based on the level they were at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages.
Contact A Chesterfield, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Cares
At Combs Law Group, we provide the strength and legal knowledge of a competitive Chesterfield, MO car accident law firm as well as the one-on-one attention of a small practice. Our firm has partnered with Chesterfield residents of all backgrounds to obtain the justice they are entitled to receive following a car accident in Chesterfield, MO. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your Chesterfield, MO car accident case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured as a result of a car accident in Chesterfield, MO caused by another party’s careless actions, do not wait: contact a Chesterfield car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by calling (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-obligation document review.
Contact us today
Local Car Accident Lawyer