Ask us about our affordable payment options.
Car Accident Lawyer in Centralia, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Centralia, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be your lowest priority. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the impact of an car accident in Centralia, MO can quickly overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you should be getting.
Contact Our Centralia, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Centralia residents who have been involved in car accidents and do not know about what to do next. Our Centralia car accident lawyer reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives for their clients. We fight fiercely on behalf of all our Centralia, MO auto accident clients to get them not only appropriate compensation, but also a measure of justice after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
Following a Centralia, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put an experienced and dedicated Centralia, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. Our firm offers free initial consultations, and vows that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete Centralia, MO Car Accident Lawyer
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Centralia for all sorts of purposes. Sadly, though, every day many car accidents happen, whether due to another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As veteran Centralia, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has taken car accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the effects of a car accident in Centralia can change someone’s life, in some cases permanently. Our firm has years of experience handling car accident cases, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying just restitution to Centralia accident victims. We offer client-centered legal strategies that are designed to satisfy your particular needs and give our clients closure as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Centralia, MO
After you have been in a car accident, it is likely that people will be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having dealt with many car accident clients across Centralia, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group recommends that all our clients take these steps after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you can, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or someone else is severely hurt you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police come, tell the truth about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is incredibly simple to document your Centralia, MO accident and compile evidence. Take photos of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is a good idea to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Centralia car accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The quicker you call a reputable and compassionate Centralia, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can begin work on your case and allow you to begin the recovery process.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to hold on to the following paperwork. They can help immensely when negotiating a settlement, or to give a more complete idea of the effect a car accident in Centralia, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim after a car accident in Centralia, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as a wheelchair, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to adequately perform labor, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car in addition to any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Centralia auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to put into words, since by and large the amount of difficulty one goes through after an accident differs from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Centralia, MO car accident may result in someone suffering permanent injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot remedy the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also important to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties receive is reduced based on how responsible they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages.
Contact A Centralia, MO Car Accident Lawyer Who Cares
At Combs Law Group, we offer the strength and acumen of a top Centralia, MO car accident law firm as well as the one-on-one care of an individual practice. Our firm has worked with Centralia residents of all backgrounds to obtain the justice they are entitled to receive following a car accident in Centralia, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Centralia, MO car accident case, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured as a result of a car accident in Centralia, MO caused by another party’s careless actions, act quickly: contact a Centralia car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by calling (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-strings-attched conversation.