Car Accident Lawyer in Cedar Hill, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Cedar Hill, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the aftermath of an car accident in Cedar Hill, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you are entitled to.
Contact Our Cedar Hill, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Cedar Hill residents who have been involved in car accidents and do not know about what to do next. Our Cedar Hill car accident lawyer finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports for their clients. We fight aggressively for all our Cedar Hill, MO auto accident clients to get them not only appropriate remuneration, but also justice and closure after going through a very troubling experience.
After you’ve been in a Cedar Hill, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put an experienced and dedicated Cedar Hill, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. Our firm offers free initial consultations, and vows that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Talk To Us
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Full-Service Cedar Hill, MO Car Accident Lawyer
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Cedar Hill to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Unfortunately, however, car accidents are an everyday occurence, whether due to poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As veteran Cedar Hill, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has handled car accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the aftermath of a car accident in Cedar Hill can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. Our firm has years of experience handling car accident cases, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying proper restitution to Cedar Hill accident victims. We provide client-centered legal strategies that are designed to satisfy your unique needs and get clients both closure in addition to a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Cedar Hill, MO
After you have been in a car accident, it is common for people to be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having worked with many car accident clients across Cedar Hill, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group recommends that all our clients do the following after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is badly hurt you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police arrive, tell the truth about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is very easy to document your Cedar Hill, MO accident and gather evidence. Get shots of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If you can find witnesses, it is a good idea to record what they saw, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Cedar Hill car accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely require a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The faster you speak to a trustworthy and compassionate Cedar Hill, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients keep the following receipts and documentation. They can help immeasurably when discussing settlement terms, or to fully illustrate the effect a car accident in Cedar Hill, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages an accident victim can claim following a car accident in Cedar Hill, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for medications, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as a wheelchair, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to successfully perform labor, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car as well as any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Cedar Hill auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to put into words, since for the most part the amount of anguish a Cedar Hill, MO victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Cedar Hill, MO car accident may result in a victim suffering life-altering injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot take away the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to adapt to their new normal.
It is also key to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties receive is reduced based on how responsible they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages.
Contact A Cedar Hill, MO Car Accident Lawyer Who Cares
At Combs Law Group, we provide the aggression and acumen of a top Cedar Hill, MO car accident law firm as well as the one-on-one care of an individual practice. Our firm has worked with Cedar Hill residents from all walks of life to secure the justice they are entitled to receive following a car accident in Cedar Hill, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Cedar Hill, MO car accident case, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured in a car accident in Cedar Hill, MO caused by someone else’s negligence, act quickly: contact a Cedar Hill car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by dialing (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-strings-attched case review.
Contact us today
Local Car Accident Lawyer