Ask us about our affordable payment options.
Car Accident Lawyer in Callaway County, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Callaway County, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be your lowest priority. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the impact of an car accident in Callaway County, MO can quickly overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you are entitled to.
Contact Our Callaway County, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Callaway County residents who have been involved in car accidents and are hesitant about what steps to take afterwards. Our Callaway County car accident lawyer finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports on behalf of their clients. We fight fiercely on behalf of all our Callaway County, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only fair and just remuneration, but also justice and closure after going through a very troubling experience.
After you’ve been in a Callaway County, MO auto accident, don’t wait: contact Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a veteran Callaway County, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. Our firm offers free initial consultations, and promises that if they do not get a positive result in your Callaway County auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Complete Callaway County, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Callaway County to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Unfortunately, though, every day many car accidents happen, whether due to bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As experienced Callaway County, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has taken all kinds of car accident claims and personally viewed how the effects of a car accident in Callaway County can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. Our firm has years of experience handling car accident cases, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying proper restitution to Callaway County accident victims. We provide client-centered legal strategies that are designed to meet your particular needs and give our clients justice as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Callaway County, MO
Following a car accident, it is common for people to be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many car accident clients across Callaway County, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group suggests that all our clients take these steps after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is badly hurt you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police come, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is very easy to document your Callaway County, MO accident and gather evidence. Take photos of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is wise to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your Callaway County car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely require a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The faster you speak to a trustworthy and compassionate Callaway County, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to hold on to the following receipts and documentation. They can help immensely when discussing settlement terms, or to give a more complete idea of the effect a car accident in Callaway County, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages an accident victim can claim following a car accident in Callaway County, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as casts, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to adequately perform labor, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car as well as any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Callaway County auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to put into words, since for the most part the amount of difficulty one goes through after an accident differs from person to person. As a rule, though, recording changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a good rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Callaway County, MO car accident may result in someone suffering life-changing injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot take away the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties can take home is reduced based on how responsible they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages.
Contact A Callaway County, MO Car Accident Lawyer Who Cares
At Combs Law Group, we offer the muscle and legal knowledge of a top Callaway County, MO car accident law firm as well as the personal attention of a small practice. Our firm has worked with Callaway County residents from all walks of life to get the justice they are entitled to receive following a car accident in Callaway County, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Callaway County, MO car accident case, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured in a car accident in Callaway County, MO caused by another party’s careless actions, do not hesitate: contact a Callaway County car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by dialing (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-strings-attched consultation.