Ask us about our affordable payment options.
Car Accident Lawyer in Bridgeton, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Bridgeton, MO. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be your lowest priority. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the aftermath of an car accident in Bridgeton, MO can easily take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you deserve.
Contact Our Bridgeton, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Bridgeton residents who have been in car accidents and are hesitant about how to proceed. Our Bridgeton car accident lawyer works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence for their clients. We fight fiercely for all our Bridgeton, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only fair and just compensation, but also closure after going through a very troubling experience.
Following a Bridgeton, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a dedicated Bridgeton, MO auto accident attorney on your side. Our firm offers free initial consultations, and guarantees that you do not win or get a settlement in your Bridgeton auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Bridgeton, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Bridgeton to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Unfortunately, however, car accidents are an everyday occurence, whether due to poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As experienced Bridgeton, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has handled all kinds of car accident claims and seen first-hand how the aftermath of a car accident in Bridgeton can change someone’s life, in some cases permanently. Our firm has years of experience in the courtroom, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying proper compensation to Bridgeton accident victims. We provide unique legal strategies that are tailor-made to satisfy your unique needs and give our clients closure in addition to a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Bridgeton, MO
Following a car accident, it is likely that people will be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many car accident clients across Bridgeton, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group recommends that all our clients take these steps after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or a passenger is badly injured you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police come, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is very simple to document your Bridgeton, MO accident and gather evidence. Take photos of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is a good idea to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were hurt as a result of your Bridgeton car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, more severe or bigger will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The faster you speak to a reputable and compassionate Bridgeton, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can start working on your case and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients hold on to the following receipts and documentation. They can help immeasurably when discussing settlement terms, or to give a more complete idea of the effect a car accident in Bridgeton, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim after a car accident in Bridgeton, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as a wheelchair, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to successfully perform work, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car as well as any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Bridgeton auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to put into words, since by and large the amount of anguish a Bridgeton, MO victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, recording changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Bridgeton, MO car accident may result in a victim suffering permanent injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot remedy the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties can take home is adjusted based on how much at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages.
Contact A Bridgeton, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Cares
At Combs Law Group, we provide the strength and intelligence of a competitive Bridgeton, MO car accident law firm as well as the personal attention of a small practice. Our firm has partnered with Bridgeton residents of all backgrounds to secure the justice they are entitled to receive following a car accident in Bridgeton, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, which means that unless you get a positive result in your Bridgeton, MO car accident case, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured as a result of a car accident in Bridgeton, MO caused by another party’s negligence, act quickly: contact a Bridgeton car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by calling (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-strings-attched conversation.