Car Accident Lawyer in Brentwood, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Brentwood, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, worrying about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the impact of an car accident in Brentwood, MO can easily overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you should be getting.
Contact Our Brentwood, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Brentwood residents who have been involved in car accidents and do not know about how to proceed. Our Brentwood car accident lawyer reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives for their clients. We fight fearlessly on behalf of all our Brentwood, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only their rightful financial rewards, but also justice and closure following an incredibly traumatic experience.
Following a Brentwood, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a dedicated Brentwood, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. Our firm offers free initial consultations, and guarantees that if they do not get a positive result in your Brentwood auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Talk To Us
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete Brentwood, MO Car Accident Lawyer
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Brentwood to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Unfortunately, however, every day many car accidents happen, whether due to bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As experienced Brentwood, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has taken car accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the aftermath of a car accident in Brentwood can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. Our firm has years of experience handling car accident cases, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying just restitution to Brentwood accident victims. We provide personalized legal strategies that are designed to meet your particular needs and get clients both closure as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Brentwood, MO
Following a car accident, it is common for people to be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having dealt with many car accident clients across Brentwood, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group recommends that all our clients do the following after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if possible, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or a passenger is severely injured you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police come, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is incredibly simple to document your Brentwood, MO accident and compile evidence. Take photos of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is a good idea to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Brentwood car accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The sooner you speak to a reputable and understanding Brentwood, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can start working on your case and allow you to begin the recovery process.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients save the following paperwork. They can help immensely when negotiating a settlement, or to paint a full picture of the effect a car accident in Brentwood, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages an accident victim can claim following a car accident in Brentwood, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as crutches, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to successfully perform labor, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car as well as any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Brentwood auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to explain, since in most cases the amount of discomfort a Brentwood, MO victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Brentwood, MO car accident may result in someone sustaining permanent injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot take away the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also key to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties can take home is adjusted based on the level they were at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages.
Contact A Brentwood, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Puts You First
At Combs Law Group, we provide the strength and intelligence of a top Brentwood, MO car accident law firm as well as the personal attention of an individual practice. Our firm has worked with Brentwood residents from all walks of life to obtain the justice they are entitled to receive following a car accident in Brentwood, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, which means that unless you get a positive result in your Brentwood, MO car accident case, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured as a result of a car accident in Brentwood, MO caused by another driver’s negligence, do not wait: contact a Brentwood car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by dialing (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-strings-attched consultation.
Contact us today
Local Car Accident Lawyer