Ask us about our affordable payment options.
Car Accident Lawyer in Bowling Green, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Bowling Green, MO. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the aftermath of an car accident in Bowling Green, MO can easily overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you should be getting.
Contact Our Bowling Green, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Bowling Green residents who have been in car accidents and are unsure about how to proceed. Our Bowling Green car accident lawyer finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports on behalf of their clients. We fight aggressively on behalf of all our Bowling Green, MO auto accident clients to get them not only appropriate remuneration, but also justice and closure after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
Following a Bowling Green, MO auto accident, don’t wait: contact Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put an experienced and dedicated Bowling Green, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. Our firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and promises that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Complete Bowling Green, MO Car Accident Lawyer
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Bowling Green to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Unfortunately, however, every day many car accidents happen, whether due to poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As experienced Bowling Green, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has handled car accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the aftermath of a car accident in Bowling Green can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. Our firm has years of experience handling car accident cases, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying just compensation to Bowling Green accident victims. We provide unique legal strategies that are designed to satisfy your unique needs and give our clients closure in addition to a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Bowling Green, MO
After you have been in a car accident, it is likely that people will be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having worked with many car accident clients across Bowling Green, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group recommends that all our clients do the following after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you can, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or someone else is badly hurt you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police come, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is very easy to document your Bowling Green, MO accident and compile evidence. Get shots of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is wise to record what they saw, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Bowling Green car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than an ER visit. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The faster you talk to a trustworthy and compassionate Bowling Green, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can begin work on your case and allow you to begin the recovery process.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to keep the following documents. They can help a great deal when discussing settlement terms, or to paint a full picture of the effect a car accident in Bowling Green, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim after a car accident in Bowling Green, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as crutches, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to adequately perform work, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car as well as any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Bowling Green auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to explain, since by and large the amount of difficulty one goes through after an accident differs from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a good idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Bowling Green, MO car accident may result in a victim sustaining life-changing injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot take away the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties are entitled to is adjusted based on how responsible they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages.
Contact A Bowling Green, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Puts You First
At Combs Law Group, we provide the strength and legal knowledge of an elite Bowling Green, MO car accident law firm as well as the personal attention of an individual practice. Our firm has partnered with Bowling Green residents from all walks of life to get the justice they deserve following a car accident in Bowling Green, MO. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your Bowling Green, MO car accident case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured as a result of a car accident in Bowling Green, MO caused by another party’s negligence, act quickly: contact a Bowling Green car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by dialing (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-obligation case review.