Car Accident Lawyer in Bourbon, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Bourbon, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be your lowest priority. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the effects of an car accident in Bourbon, MO can quickly overwhelm anyone, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you should be getting.
Contact Our Bourbon, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Bourbon residents who have been involved in car accidents and are hesitant about what steps to take afterwards. Our Bourbon car accident lawyer finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports on behalf of their clients. We fight aggressively for all our Bourbon, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only appropriate compensation, but also justice and closure following an incredibly traumatic experience.
After you’ve been in a Bourbon, MO auto accident, don’t wait: contact Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a veteran Bourbon, MO auto accident attorney on your side. Our firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and promises that if they do not get a positive result in your Bourbon auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Talk To Us
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete Bourbon, MO Car Accident Lawyer
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Bourbon for all sorts of purposes. Unfortunately, though, car accidents regularly occur, caused by another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As experienced Bourbon, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has taken all kinds of car accident claims and seen first-hand how the effects of a car accident in Bourbon can change someone’s life, in some cases permanently. Our firm has years of experience in the courtroom, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying proper restitution to Bourbon accident victims. We offer client-centered legal strategies that are tailor-made to satisfy your particular needs and give our clients closure as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Bourbon, MO
After you have been in a car accident, it is likely that people will be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having dealt with many car accident clients across Bourbon, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group recommends that all our clients do the following after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if possible, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or a passenger is severely hurt you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police come, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is incredibly simple to document your Bourbon, MO accident and compile evidence. Take photos of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is smart to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your Bourbon car accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The quicker you speak to a trustworthy and understanding Bourbon, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can start working on your case and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to save the following receipts and documentation. They can help immensely when negotiating a settlement, or to give a more complete idea of the effect a car accident in Bourbon, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages an accident victim can claim after a car accident in Bourbon, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as casts, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to fully perform labor, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car as well as any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Bourbon auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to put into words, since by and large the amount of discomfort a Bourbon, MO victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Bourbon, MO car accident may result in someone sustaining permanent injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot take away the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to adapt to their new normal.
It is also key to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties are entitled to is adjusted based on how responsible they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages.
Contact A Bourbon, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Cares
At Combs Law Group, we provide the aggression and intelligence of a top Bourbon, MO car accident law firm as well as the one-on-one attention of an individual practice. Our firm has worked with Bourbon residents of all backgrounds to get the justice they deserve following a car accident in Bourbon, MO. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your Bourbon, MO car accident case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured as a result of a car accident in Bourbon, MO caused by another party’s negligence, do not wait: contact a Bourbon car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by calling (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-obligation document review.
Contact us today
Local Car Accident Lawyer