Car Accident Lawyer in Boone County, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Boone County, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be your lowest priority. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the impact of an car accident in Boone County, MO can quickly overwhelm anyone, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you deserve.
Contact Our Boone County, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Boone County residents who have been in car accidents and are unsure about what steps to take afterwards. Our Boone County car accident lawyer finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports on behalf of their clients. We fight fearlessly on behalf of all our Boone County, MO auto accident clients to win them not only appropriate remuneration, but also a measure of justice following an incredibly traumatic experience.
After you’ve been in a Boone County, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a veteran Boone County, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. Our firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and vows that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Talk To Us
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Complete Boone County, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Boone County to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Unfortunately, though, car accidents are an everyday occurence, caused by bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As experienced Boone County, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has handled all kinds of car accident claims and seen first-hand how the aftermath of a car accident in Boone County can alter someone’s life, in some cases permanently. Our firm has years of experience handling car accident cases, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying just restitution to Boone County accident victims. We provide client-centered legal strategies that are designed to meet your unique needs and give our clients justice as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Boone County, MO
Following a car accident, it is likely that people will be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having worked with many car accident clients across Boone County, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group suggests that all our clients take these steps after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if possible, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or a passenger is badly injured you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police come, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is very simple to document your Boone County, MO accident and compile evidence. Take photos of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is a good idea to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were hurt as a result of your Boone County car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than an ER visit. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The sooner you speak to a trustworthy and understanding Boone County, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can begin work on your case and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to keep the following documents. They can help immensely when discussing settlement terms, or to paint a full picture of the effect a car accident in Boone County, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim after a car accident in Boone County, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for medications, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as crutches, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to successfully perform labor, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car in addition to any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Boone County auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to quantify, since by and large the amount of discomfort one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Boone County, MO car accident may result in a victim suffering permanent injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot soothe the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to adapt to their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties are entitled to is reduced based on how much at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages.
Contact A Boone County, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Cares
At Combs Law Group, we offer the strength and acumen of a competitive Boone County, MO car accident law firm as well as the one-on-one care of a small practice. Our firm has worked with Boone County residents of all backgrounds to secure the justice they are entitled to receive following a car accident in Boone County, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Boone County, MO car accident case, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured as a result of a car accident in Boone County, MO caused by another party’s negligence, do not wait: contact a Boone County car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by calling (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-obligation conversation.
Contact us today
Local Car Accident Lawyer