Ask us about our affordable payment options.
Car Accident Lawyer in Bonne Terre, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Bonne Terre, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, worrying about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the effects of an car accident in Bonne Terre, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you are entitled to.
Contact Our Bonne Terre, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Bonne Terre residents who have been in car accidents and are unsure about what steps to take afterwards. Our Bonne Terre car accident lawyer reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives on behalf of their clients. We fight fiercely on behalf of all our Bonne Terre, MO auto accident clients to get them not only their rightful financial rewards, but also closure after going through a very troubling experience.
After you’ve been in a Bonne Terre, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a veteran Bonne Terre, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. Our firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and promises that you do not win or get a settlement in your Bonne Terre auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Complete Bonne Terre, MO Car Accident Lawyer
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Bonne Terre in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Unfortunately, however, car accidents regularly occur, caused by poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As veteran Bonne Terre, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has taken car accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the results of a car accident in Bonne Terre can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. Our firm has years of experience handling car accident cases, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying proper restitution to Bonne Terre accident victims. We provide personalized legal strategies that are built to satisfy your particular needs and get clients both justice in addition to a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Bonne Terre, MO
After you have been in a car accident, it is likely that people will be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having dealt with many car accident clients across Bonne Terre, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group suggests that all our clients take these steps after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you can, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or a passenger is severely hurt you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is very easy to document your Bonne Terre, MO accident and gather evidence. Take photos of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is wise to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Bonne Terre car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The sooner you speak to a trustworthy and compassionate Bonne Terre, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to begin the recovery process.
As well as these steps, our firm urges all our clients to save the following paperwork. They can help immeasurably when negotiating a settlement, or to fully illustrate the effect a car accident in Bonne Terre, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim following a car accident in Bonne Terre, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as casts, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to adequately perform labor, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car in addition to any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Bonne Terre auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to explain, since for the most part the amount of discomfort a Bonne Terre, MO victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a good idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Bonne Terre, MO car accident may result in a victim sustaining life-altering injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot remedy the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also important to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties can take home is adjusted based on how much at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages.
Contact A Bonne Terre, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Puts You First
At Combs Law Group, we provide the strength and legal knowledge of a competitive Bonne Terre, MO car accident law firm as well as the personal attention of a small practice. Our firm has worked with Bonne Terre residents of all backgrounds to get the justice they are entitled to receive following a car accident in Bonne Terre, MO. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your Bonne Terre, MO car accident case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured as a result of a car accident in Bonne Terre, MO caused by another party’s reckless behavior, do not wait: contact a Bonne Terre car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by dialing (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-strings-attched case review.