Ask us about our affordable payment options.
Car Accident Lawyer in Black Jack, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Black Jack, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the effects of an car accident in Black Jack, MO can easily take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you should be getting.
Contact Our Black Jack, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Black Jack residents who have been involved in car accidents and are unsure about what to do next. Our Black Jack car accident lawyer reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives for their clients. We fight fiercely on behalf of all our Black Jack, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only appropriate remuneration, but also closure after going through a very troubling experience.
Following a Black Jack, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a veteran Black Jack, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. Our firm offers free initial consultations, and guarantees that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Complete Black Jack, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Black Jack in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Sadly, though, car accidents are an everyday occurence, caused by poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As veteran Black Jack, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has handled car accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the results of a car accident in Black Jack can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. Our firm has years of experience handling car accident cases, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying just compensation to Black Jack accident victims. We offer personalized legal strategies that are tailor-made to satisfy your particular needs and get clients both closure as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Black Jack, MO
After you have been in a car accident, it is common for people to be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having worked with many car accident clients across Black Jack, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group suggests that all our clients do the following after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is badly hurt you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police arrive, tell the truth about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is incredibly easy to document your Black Jack, MO accident and compile evidence. Take photos of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is smart to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were hurt as a result of your Black Jack car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The faster you talk to a reputable and understanding Black Jack, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to begin the recovery process.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients save the following paperwork. They can help a great deal when negotiating a settlement, or to give a more complete idea of the effect a car accident in Black Jack, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim following a car accident in Black Jack, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as casts, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to adequately perform work, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car in addition to any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Black Jack auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to put into words, since in most cases the amount of anguish a Black Jack, MO victim goes through after an accident differs from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Black Jack, MO car accident may result in a victim sustaining permanent injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot soothe the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also key to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties can take home is reduced based on the level they were at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages.
Contact A Black Jack, MO Car Accident Lawyer Who Cares
At Combs Law Group, we offer the muscle and intelligence of a competitive Black Jack, MO car accident law firm as well as the one-on-one care of an individual practice. Our firm has worked with Black Jack residents of all backgrounds to secure the justice they merit following a car accident in Black Jack, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, which means that unless you get a positive result in your Black Jack, MO car accident case, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured as a result of a car accident in Black Jack, MO caused by someone else’s reckless behavior, do not wait: contact a Black Jack car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by dialing (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-obligation case review.