Car Accident Lawyer in Berkeley, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Berkeley, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, worrying about your job or your family should be your lowest priority. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the aftermath of an car accident in Berkeley, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you are entitled to.
Contact Our Berkeley, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Berkeley residents who have been in car accidents and do not know about what steps to take afterwards. Our Berkeley car accident lawyer finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports on behalf of their clients. We fight fiercely on behalf of all our Berkeley, MO auto accident clients to get them not only their rightful compensation, but also justice and closure following an incredibly traumatic experience.
After you’ve been in a Berkeley, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a veteran Berkeley, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. Our firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and promises that if they do not get a positive result in your Berkeley auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Talk To Us
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete Berkeley, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Berkeley for all sorts of purposes. Sadly, however, car accidents are an everyday occurence, caused by bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As experienced Berkeley, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has handled car accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the effects of a car accident in Berkeley can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. Our firm has years of experience handling car accident cases, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying just compensation to Berkeley accident victims. We offer client-centered legal strategies that are tailor-made to meet your unique needs and give our clients closure as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Berkeley, MO
After you have been in a car accident, it is common for people to be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having dealt with many car accident clients across Berkeley, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group recommends that all our clients do the following after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if possible, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or someone else is badly injured you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police come, tell the truth about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is incredibly simple to document your Berkeley, MO accident and compile evidence. Take photos of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is smart to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your Berkeley car accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The faster you speak to a reputable and understanding Berkeley, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can begin work on your case and allow you to begin the recovery process.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients hold on to the following receipts and documentation. They can help a great deal when negotiating a settlement, or to paint a full picture of the effect a car accident in Berkeley, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages an accident victim can claim following a car accident in Berkeley, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for medications, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as a wheelchair, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to fully perform work, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car as well as any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Berkeley auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to put into words, since by and large the amount of anguish one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Berkeley, MO car accident may result in someone suffering life-changing injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot soothe the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to adapt to their new normal.
It is also key to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties receive is reduced based on how responsible they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages.
Contact A Berkeley, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Cares
At Combs Law Group, we provide the strength and intelligence of a competitive Berkeley, MO car accident law firm as well as the one-on-one attention of a small practice. Our firm has worked with Berkeley residents from all walks of life to secure the justice they deserve following a car accident in Berkeley, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your Berkeley, MO car accident case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured as a result of a car accident in Berkeley, MO caused by someone else’s careless actions, do not wait: contact a Berkeley car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by dialing (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-strings-attched case review.
Contact us today
Local Car Accident Lawyer