Ask us about our affordable payment options.
Car Accident Lawyer in Ashland, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Ashland, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the aftermath of an car accident in Ashland, MO can quickly overwhelm anyone, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you deserve.
Contact Our Ashland, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Ashland residents who have been in car accidents and are hesitant about what to do next. Our Ashland car accident lawyer reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives for their clients. We fight fiercely on behalf of all our Ashland, MO auto accident clients to get them not only their rightful compensation, but also a measure of justice after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
Following a Ashland, MO auto accident, don’t wait: contact Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put an experienced and dedicated Ashland, MO auto accident attorney on your side. Our firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and promises that you do not win or get a settlement in your Ashland auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Complete Ashland, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Ashland for all sorts of purposes. Unfortunately, however, car accidents regularly occur, whether due to bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As experienced Ashland, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has handled all kinds of car accident claims and seen first-hand how the results of a car accident in Ashland can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. Our firm has years of experience in the courtroom, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying proper compensation to Ashland accident victims. We offer personalized legal strategies that are tailor-made to satisfy your particular needs and give our clients justice in addition to a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Ashland, MO
After you have been in a car accident, it is likely that people will be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having dealt with many car accident clients across Ashland, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group suggests that all our clients do the following after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if possible, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or a passenger is badly injured you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is incredibly simple to document your Ashland, MO accident and gather evidence. Get shots of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is smart to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Ashland car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The sooner you speak to a trustworthy and understanding Ashland, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can begin work on your case and allow you to begin the recovery process.
As well as these steps, our firm urges all our clients to hold on to the following paperwork. They can help immensely when negotiating a settlement, or to paint a full picture of the effect a car accident in Ashland, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages an accident victim can claim after a car accident in Ashland, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as crutches, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to adequately perform work, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car in addition to any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Ashland auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to put into words, since in most cases the amount of difficulty a Ashland, MO victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a good rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Ashland, MO car accident may result in a victim suffering permanent injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot take away the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to adapt to their new normal.
It is also important to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties are entitled to is adjusted based on the level they were at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages.
Contact A Ashland, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Cares
At Combs Law Group, we offer the strength and intelligence of a competitive Ashland, MO car accident law firm as well as the one-on-one attention of an individual practice. Our firm has partnered with Ashland residents from all walks of life to secure the justice they merit following a car accident in Ashland, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Ashland, MO car accident case, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured in a car accident in Ashland, MO caused by someone else’s careless actions, do not wait: contact a Ashland car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by calling (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-strings-attched case review.