Ask us about our affordable payment options.
Car Accident Lawyer in Affton, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Affton, MO. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, worrying about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the aftermath of an car accident in Affton, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you deserve.
Contact Our Affton, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Affton residents who have been involved in car accidents and do not know about how to proceed. Our Affton car accident lawyer finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports on behalf of their clients. We fight aggressively for all our Affton, MO auto accident clients to get them not only their rightful compensation, but also a measure of justice after going through a very troubling experience.
After you’ve been in a Affton, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a dedicated Affton, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. Our firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and guarantees that if they do not get a positive result in your Affton auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Complete Affton, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Affton to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Unfortunately, however, car accidents are an everyday occurence, whether due to poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As veteran Affton, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has handled all kinds of car accident claims and seen first-hand how the aftermath of a car accident in Affton can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. Our firm has years of experience in the courtroom, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying just compensation to Affton accident victims. We provide unique legal strategies that are tailor-made to satisfy your particular needs and give our clients closure as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Affton, MO
Following a car accident, it is common for people to be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having worked with many car accident clients across Affton, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group suggests that all our clients do the following after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or a passenger is badly hurt you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police come, tell the truth about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is incredibly easy to document your Affton, MO accident and gather evidence. Get shots of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is a good idea to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Affton car accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The sooner you talk to a reputable and understanding Affton, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can start working on your case and allow you to begin the recovery process.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients keep the following receipts and documentation. They can help a great deal when negotiating a settlement, or to paint a full picture of the effect a car accident in Affton, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim after a car accident in Affton, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as crutches, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to fully perform work, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car as well as any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Affton auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to put into words, since for the most part the amount of discomfort a Affton, MO victim goes through after an accident differs from person to person. As a rule, though, recording changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Affton, MO car accident may result in someone sustaining permanent injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot take away the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to adapt to their new normal.
It is also important to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties are entitled to is adjusted based on how much at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages.
Contact A Affton, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Cares
At Combs Law Group, we offer the muscle and acumen of a top Affton, MO car accident law firm as well as the personal attention of a small practice. Our firm has worked with Affton residents from all walks of life to secure the justice they are entitled to receive following a car accident in Affton, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Affton, MO car accident case, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured in a car accident in Affton, MO caused by another party’s careless actions, act quickly: contact a Affton car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by calling (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-obligation conversation.