Assault by DWI Lawyer in St. Louis, MO. In the event that you injure someone while driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, you can be charged with felony assault – no matter if the person was in the vehicle or outside. This is a serious charge that has the potential to change the rest of your life, resulting in as many as 15 years in prison, and you need to speak with a St. Louis criminal defense attorney immediately. Call the Combs Law Group at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online. Our assault by DWI attorney can conduct a free, no-obligation, and confidential case review regarding the specifics of your case.
Defending an assault by DWI charge is complicated, and not every St. Louis lawyer has the necessary combination of skills, tenacity, and experience to thoroughly investigate and defend your case. Combs Law Group uses its years of experience to protect your freedom and your future. We examine every area of your case and each piece of evidence.
What Do I Do When Facing Assault by DWI Charges in St. Louis?
Know that any time you are charged with a crime, the prosecution must prove your guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. Also know that this is a serious charge that can have serious consequences on your life and can impact your driver’s license, family life, employment status, and leave a mark on your criminal record that will follow you throughout your life. When facing this potentially life altering event, the first thing you need to do is discuss the specifics of your case with a St. Louis assault by DWI attorney from Combs Law Group.
The attorneys at Combs Law Group provide focused and experienced DWI defense. We have hands-on experience with impaired driving cases of all types, including DWI/DUI charges, underage drinking and driving, as well as DUI involving marijuana and other drugs. Our assault by DWI lawyers know how to assess the strengths and weaknesses of the prosecution’s case against you and use them to get you the best possible result. Some examples of questions our St. Louis criminal defense attorneys raise include:
- Why were you pulled over by the arresting officer?
- Were any of your rights violated?
- Did the officer perform the field sobriety tests correctly?
- What were the road and weather conditions?
- Were there issues with the breathalyzer or the administration of it?
- Was there any dashboard camera video?
- Was the police report filled out and submitted correctly?
What Do Assault by DWI Charges in St. Louis Usually Amount To?
To obtain a conviction for assault in Missouri the state must show that you attempted to kill, or cause, or attempted to cause serious physical injury to another individual. Due to the severity of these charges it is imperative that you talk to a St. Louis assault by DWI lawyer online from Combs Law Group. Call us right away at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online. Assault can be categorized as:
- First degree assault is a class B felony and conviction could mean 5-15 years in prison
- Second degree assault is a class D felony and, if convicted, you could face up to 7 years in prison and up to $10,000 in fines
- Third degree assault is a class E felony, resulting in prison time up to 4 years with fines up to $10,000
- Fourth degree assault is a class A misdemeanor. Even a misdemeanor can bring jail time though, of up to one year and fines of up to $10,000
Special Victims in St. Louis Assault by DWI Crimes
If the assault involved a special victim, you face more severe penalties. For example, a first degree assault is a class B felony except when it involves a special victim, in which case the charge becomes a class A felony. Examples of special victims include:
- A law enforcement officer performing official duties
- Emergency personnel while in the performance of official duties
- An elderly individual
- An individual with disabilities
- A highway worker in a construction zone
Speak With an Experienced St. Louis Assault by DWI Attorney Today
An assault by DWI charge in St. Louis is no small matter. You could be facing a long-term sentence and life-changing implications that do not go away. Let Combs Law Group help. Our St. Louis criminal defense attorneys will fight the charges every step of the way, aiming for the best possible outcome for you, your family, and your future – whether that is an acquittal, reduction in charges, or an outright dismissal.
When your life is on the line, let us help you get it back. Call us today at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online to schedule a free case review with our St. Louis assault by DWI lawyers.